Managing Account Executive
The Managing Account Executive is responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned sales objectives and quotas, maintaining existing customers and building new revenue streams through the expansion and growth of the business relationships within current and new clients.
The successful candidate will be a motivated individual who couples sales skills with an understanding of the business consulting and advisory industry, private equity investing, as well as maintaining a strong connection to their local business community.
The work will be a combination of account management and new business development including opportunity identification and lead generation, conversion of opportunities to Requests for Proposal (RFPs), proposal writing, contract negotiation, prospective client research, portfolio analysis, planning and targeting via phone, email and face-to-face meetings, sales cycle tracking, expansion of business opportunity in existing accounts and prospecting for new account opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Producing new business and assisting in the development of sales and marketing strategy designed to cultivate revenue generation opportunities
- Developing comprehensive new business sales and development plans for identified targeted prospects and existing clients based on pre-determined financial goals
- Focusing efforts on the development of new contacts and building relationships with prospects that align with the Region’s / Branch’s acknowledged target market, with the understanding that volume of prospecting activity is essential
- Focusing on developing relationships within the targeted industry or geographic community, and taking a leadership role in that business community
- Providing leadership to the business development team and mobilizing FinanceNorth resources.
- Following acquisition of new accounts, serving in an overseer’s capacity (i.e. Account Director) to ensure the new client is comfortable with the transition to the Service Delivery Team.
- Acting as the visible face of FinanceNorth to the clients/prospects in the community working to consistently prospect and engage in lead generation activities
- Developing annual and quarterly business plans and hold oneself accountable for the performance of the plan
- Working closely with the Director, Business Development and providing strategic planning advice and guidance.
- Maintaining contact with the customer, resolving problems, and seeking additional opportunities to meet or exceed needs.
- Performing sales presentations to match FinanceNorth’s services with identified needs
Skills and Knowledge:
- 5 years sales or management experience
- Strong evidence of self-sufficiency – creating and working a plan to drive revenue from assigned region
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen and capable of developing and managing strategic plans with partner and company executives
- Proven history of analyzing situations, employing creative and effective decision making to solve problems/achieve results
- Ability to excel in a team environment which emphasizes total cooperation and mutual respect
- Ability to present to both small and large audiences
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills and excellent negotiating skills
- Travel within designated region is required
- Self-motivation, entrepreneurial drive and spirit
- A strong sense of ownership for assigned projects and tasks
- Positive and hardworking attitude
- Exceptional Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Excellent references