Intern, Financial Analysis
Financial Analysts provide comprehensive financial analysis and consulting to business unit managers. You will provide financial services and consulting on processes, programs, and projects; execute Month End Close processes and contribute to planning, forecast and trend analysis.
Reporting directly to the Corporate Controller, the Financial Analyst will be a business partner responsible for monitoring the financial and non-financial performance of the Business segment under his or her responsibility and for providing reliable and timely information and analysis to the business leaders to guide them in the decision making process.
This position is set to start May 03, 2021 and can be located within 50 miles of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Month end closing and reporting process
- Providing financial support to the business units; supporting the annual budgeting and forecasting processes
- Defining and developing key performance indicators; analyzing and interpreting financial and operational performance, and tracking key operational objectives and strategic initiatives to improve the efficiency and profitability of the business units
- Preparation of the quarterly working papers
- Assisting with financial analysis on existing business units, operations, and prospective target investment companies
- Preparation of the monthly Commission reports for established new contracts realized
- Preparation of the monthly reconciliations, for clients and internal initiatives
- Other financial tasks as assigned
- Enrolled in an undergraduate business degree.
- The ideal candidate is bilingual in English and French.
- Strong self-motivation with great interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Business/entrepreneurial mindset