Intern, Business Development
FinanceNorth is looking for a committed, deadline-driven Business Development Intern to Register our Canadian corporate advisory sales team.
The Business Development Intern will complete all tasks assigned by the Manager, which may include conducting market research, identifying business opportunities, managing email campaigns, generating sales leads, making cold calls, participating in meetings, and assisting the corporate advisory sales department wherever possible. The candidate should be able to take instruction, but also work unsupervised when required.
To be successful as a Business Development Intern, the candidate should be willing to learn as much about the company as possible and be able to spot opportunities that have been overlooked by others. Outstanding Interns are problem solvers who know the value of building lasting, professional relationships with clients.
This position is set to start immediately and can be located within 50 miles of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Manager or designate and completing all allocated tasks.
- Calling potential distribution partners/key stakeholders in throughout Canada
- Conducting desktop research or gathering information through surveys in larger
- Canadian markets
- Connecting with FinanceNorth’s Sales and Marketing teams.
- Updating documents and sales records.
- Updating and managing Salesforce records.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate business degree.
- The ideal candidate is bilingual in English and French.
- Strong self-motivation with great interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Business/entrepreneurial mindset